K-Lite Codec Pack 5.7.0 Update
There are several different variants of the K-Lite Codec Pack. Ranging from a very small bundle that contains only the most essential decoders to a large and more comprehensive bundle. The global differences between the 5 variants can be found below. Detailed differences can be found on the comparison of abilities and comparison of contents pages.
* Contains everything you need to play all popular video file formats.
* Supports playback of AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, OGM, MPEG, MOV, HDMOV, TS, M2TS, and OGG files.
Same as Basic, plus:
* Includes Media Player Classic Homecinema.
* Includes a MPEG-2 decoder for DVD playback.
* Supports playback of FLAC and WavPack audio files.
Same as Standard, plus:
* Contains several ACM and VFW codecs for audio and video encoding.
* Supports several additional lossless audio formats.
* Contains additional DirectShow filters. Giving you more freedom of choice to use your preferred filters.
* Contains a few useful tools, like GraphStudio.
Same as Full, plus:
* Includes Real Alternative.
* Includes a few extra ACM and VFW codecs.
Special variant for use in a corporate environment.
For use on 64-bit versions of Windows.
For an optimal user experience it is highly recommended to also install one of the 32-bit variants from above, because most software that runs on 64-bit versions of Windows is still 32-bit.
For example, Vista x64 uses a 32-bit version of Windows Media Player by default.